Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Dinner Menu July #2

I am trying something new with menu planning. I am going to change to a week by week plan trying to use items on sale or items I bought on sale and already have at home.

What to make for dinner using this weeks sale items!
KS = King Soopers
SW=Safeway
Alb= Albertson's


Potatoes (KS $2.99/10lbs) click here for all main and side dish recipes
Corn (SW 6 for $1.00) would be an excellent side dish to most dinners

Milk is cheap at $1.58 a gallon, so I like to make my own yogurt click here to learn how.

Wednesday: Recipe posted click on title below.
Green Chili Chowder
(Potatoes KS 10 lbs $2.99),

Thursday:Will post this recipe soon!
Sweet Pork Burritos (Already have pork loin frozen)

Friday:
Hamburgers with potato side dish (ground beef KS $1.99/lb 93% lean)

Saturday:
Use left over Sweet Pork- burritos , on Hamburger buns, or delicious over a baked potato. Freeze any leftover buns.

Sunday:
Flank Steak (already in Freezer) serve with rice, homemade rolls, corn on cob
dessert: brownies and ice cream

Monday:
Thai Beef Salad (use leftover Flank Steak)
dessert: cookies

Tuesday:
Chicken dish with classic baked potato

Wednesday:
Pasta dish? Parmesan Chicken or Baked Ziti

Other Dinner Suggestions: Will Post Recipes Soon!
I will purchase 2 roasts and an extra few pounds of ground beef to freeze to make these dinners another week. (I freeze my ground beef to 1 lb per bag. I love to use my Handi Vac to help keep the meat from getting freezer burn.)

French Dip
(Albertson's chuck roast $1.99/lb)

Sunday Roast
(Potatoes KS $2.99, Carrots ALB $.99/2lbs, Roast ALB $1.99/lb)

Mexican Stuffed Pasta Shells (ground beef KS $1.99/lb 93% lean)
Taco Soup
Taco Salad
Lasagna
Meatballs
Sloppy Joes

No comments:

Post a Comment