Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Internet Coupons - tips to use them

I have used Internet coupons the last few months and most the time I do not have a problem using them. Occasionally I will get a cashier that doesn't think the store accepts them. Wal-mart, Albertson's, King Soopers and Safeway all have accepted Internet coupons.

If you have a cashier that won't accept the coupons follow these tips:

Stay Calm , ask questions nicely. "I have used coupons here before, why won't you accept this?"

Ask if they will check with the someone (Supervisor, Manager, etc.) (if you have used Internet coupons before at the store, tell the cashier this.)

You may want to tell the cashier were you got the coupons (if you print from this blog, coupons.com is the source.)

If the cashier/store still won't take the coupons you have to decide if you want the items still or if you are willing to come back to try a different cashier. Don't be embarrassed to say "Well I don't want A, B, and C then" after all it is your money!

At Wal-mart the cashiers generally tell me if it scans I can take it, but if it won't scan I can't accept it. Usually all my coupons will scan at Wal-mart. Last week I had four Internet coupons and 3 of the 4 scanned, and she wouldn't take the 4th one. I printed them all from coupons.com, I should have asked her to check with a supervisor since I printed them all from the same website, but I had my kids with me (yes, I know I am supposed to shop with out them,) and it was a wild trip and it was just time to go.

1 comment:

  1. These are good tips. I have learned to get a backbone. I find that kindness goes a long way with the cashiers!

    ReplyDelete