Friday, June 19, 2009

Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad

A delicious summer salad. My Husband's favorite, I will be making it for Father's Day.

Mix together:

1 head cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces
3 stalks broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
(You can double the broccoli and omit the cauliflower)

1/4 chopped purple onion (good with yellow onion too.)
1 C. shredded Mozzarella or Colby Jack cheese

In a separate bowl, mix:
2 C. mayonnaise
1/4 C. sugar
1/4 C. Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp. salt
2 T. vinegar or cider vinegar

Pour sauce over vegetables and mix, chill for a few hours before serving. Stir in 12 oz bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled just before serving. (I use store bought bacon bits 1/4-1/2 cup.)

1 comment:

  1. That looks good! I need to try different ways to get my husband to eat broccoli!

    ReplyDelete