Sunday, February 15, 2009

Shopping Trip 3



After seeing the ad for Sproutz I wanted to go check it out for myself. This is what I bought:
carrots were $.50/lb and were locally grown,
cilantro $.34,
Fuji apples $.69/lb
garlic $.50
green leaf lettuce $.69 each
avocados $.69 each
limes $.20 each
red peppers $.50 each
roma tomatoes $.69/lb,
corn 6 for $1.00!

The Bananas were $.57/lb which was less than the grocery store, but Costco still has the cheapest price/lb for bananas. Cantaloupe $1.50 each, Colby Jack Cheese block $1.99/lb, this was a special sale this week and is the same price/lb as Costco. The Tortilla Chips were $1.89/12 oz, and they were an extra buy (I am not perfect at sticking to my list.)
The chips were good and I would buy them again, but my FAVORITE tortilla chips are made in Henderson, CO, La Favorita chips.
Sam's Club is the cheapest place to buy them, but you can find them in King Soopers and Albertsons for $1.99/16 oz bag. I have also found them at the Wal-mart in Commerce city. You will have to look around at your local Wal-mart and grocery stores, because not all Wal-marts, King Soopers, and Albertson's carry them.

No comments:

Post a Comment