Saturday, February 7, 2009

Shopping Tips

Go to the store with out kids

I try not to take my kids to the grocery store, when I do I know I put extra things in my cart. When we get home they ask for one of everything I just bought. I like to go to the grocery store by myself because I am able to stick to my "list" and when I get home I can put the groceries away before opening any of them. Also, the food stays longer in the house. For example the Pop-tarts and Cheetos I bought above, I put one of each in the pantry and the rest in my food storage (in my case the basement.) If I had put everything in the pantry, we probably would have (and have in the past) just consumed all the Pop-Tarts and most the chips in less than a week. Defeating the purpose of stocking up when an item is at a good or great price.

No comments:

Post a Comment