Friday, October 16, 2009

$100 Saved

update: see Coupon counter on the left the amounts have changed due to my shopping trip to King Soopers last night on 120th and Colorado...with their re-grand opening they have some awesome deals!

Tide 64 load liquid detergent $8.88 and Charmin Basic 12 Big Rolls $4.49 (Go online to King Soopers and get $1.00 Tide coupon and $.35 Charmin Coupon that is linked to your KS shopping card.)!


The grapes are $1.oo/lb and a really big...and NOT that tasty...so I would pass. Strawberries are $1.98/lb (not a awesome price, but I grabbed a container) They looked really good...no bad or moldy ones in the containers.


$100 saved! Since July I have been keeping track of how many coupons and how much money I have saved using the coupons. I reached the $100 mark today! I average about $33 a month in coupon savings.


Coupon clipping takes practice. I feel like I use coupons wisely, buying things my family will really eat at the same time trying to keep a healthy balance of foods in my home. It seems like most coupons are for processed foods, so its easy to go overboard and have a lot of processed foods in your home because it is cheap. I have been a coupon clipper for 5 years, and I know I am better at using my coupons for my family needs then when I first started. You have to learn it is okay to pass up an amazing deal if its not something you usually buy or meets your family's diet.

I have also found that 90% of the coupons I use am able to match up with store sales to get the best deal. Sometimes (usually yogurt) I will use the coupon because I am buying the item now because we need it and can't wait for the store to put it on sale.

1 comment: